Advance permission to link to Texas.gov is not necessary. Be aware that Texas.gov subpages may change or be deleted at any time without notice. Entities and individuals linking to Texas.gov are encouraged to verify link accuracy periodically. Entities and individuals linking to Texas.gov shall not capture Texas.gov pages within frames, present Texas.gov content as its own, or otherwise misrepresent Texas.gov content. They shall not misinform users about the origin or ownership of Texas.gov content, or in any way attempt to modify the content and present it as the content of Texas.gov. Some information on Texas.gov may be protected by trademark and copyright laws and otherwise protected as intellectual property. Protected intellectual property must be used in accordance with state and federal laws and must reflect the proper ownership of the intellectual property.
Any link to the Texas.gov site should be a full forward link that passes the client browser to Texas.gov without barriers. The "back" button should return the visitor to original site if the visitor wishes to back out.
Links from Texas.gov
This section outlines the criteria that external websites must meet to have a link from Texas.gov. Texas.gov reserves the right to link to external websites that would provide a service to the citizen.
External Web Sites
Upon leaving Texas.gov and linking to an external site, the policies governing Texas.gov no longer apply and users are subject to the external site’s policies.Questions and concerns regarding the information or services provided by a linked site must be directed to the entity or individual responsible for that site, rather than to Texas.gov.
Texas.gov links to federal, state, and local governments that provide information and services that benefit Texas citizens and businesses. At its discretion, Texas.gov will consider link requests to non-governmental websites that contain information and/or services that further the purpose of Texas.gov. Any link suggestion to Texas.gov must undergo review to determine its relevance and appropriateness with respect to Texas.gov. Links are approved for Texas.gov based on the following criteria:
- The external website corresponds with the purpose of Texas.gov.
The site's content is appropriate with respect to the purpose of Texas.gov and the site is not a:
- Commercial site, which charges a fee for products or services online; (notices of the availability of publications by government entities that charge for the publications or notices of government sponsored conferences that charge a registration fee are not commercial sites and may be considered for linking.)
- Site that exhibits hate, bias, discrimination, pornography, libelous or otherwise defamatory content;
- Site that advocates or promotes the use of alcohol or tobacco;
- Site that lobbies, advocates, or advances the policies and priorities of a particular industry, organization or enterprise. This includes sites of non-profit organizations;
- Site belonging to or supporting a political affiliation; or
- Site that furthers the agenda of a political organization or candidate running for office.
Link suggestions should be sent to email@example.com . Each link suggestion should address how the site meets the two acceptance criteria outlined above.
Conditions for Link Maintenance on Texas.gov
We require that links to external websites onTexas.gov meet the following conditions in order to remain on the site:
- The linked site must provide the user with access to an email address and/or a customer service telephone number on every page of the site, in order for users to contact the site if there are problems with format, accuracy, timeliness, or payment processing.
- Linked sites should not excessively burden the Texas.gov customer support system. If the site excessively burdens the Texas.gov customer support system, Texas.gov has discretion to remove the link from Texas.gov.Any customer support resources required by Texas.gov as a result of an external link on Texas.gov may require a fee to maintain the link on Texas.gov.
- When a Texas.gov site visitor clicks on the external website link, he/she must have easy access back to Texas.gov. One of two options can accomplish this:
- A link to Texas.gov can be established on the external website's main page; or
- The "Back" button returns the user to Texas.gov.
- Linked sites must have a privacy and security policy accessible from their home page informing the user of what information is collected, how it is collected, how it is used, and how the user can review and correct the information.
- Linked sites must notify Texas.gov through its site Administrator at the email address provided below if the site to which Texas.gov links becomes inaccurate or inactive.
- Texas.gov reserves the right to remove approved links if they are inaccurate or inactive, or at any time violate any of these requirements.
Linking Policy Contact Information
For questions and concerns regarding the linking policy, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Return to policies page »
Top of Page